I make my own cleaning wipes. Why? because store-bought wipes are harsh on the skin and the smell is just awful. Plus who knows how many chemicals are really in them. Making my home as toxic-free as possible is important to me so I make my own. This recipe is super simple and uses only three ingredients. Tip: Make multiple batches when you do this so you will always have some handy! And since the Thieves Cleaner is all plant based ingredients, even the littlest kids in your life can help in your cleaning efforts!
We use these wipes to:
- clean the bathroom (toilets, sink, handles, knobs, and switches)
- clean the kitchen (tabletop, counters, fixtures, appliance fronts, and trash can)
- clean lightswitches, doorknobs, and spot cleaning visible dirt around the house
Pretty much every surface of your home!
DIY Thieves Cleaning Wipes
Wipes made from 1/2 a roll of paper towels, Thieves Cleaner, Water & Vinegar.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- A Heavy Duty Container
- 2 oz. of Thieves Cleaner
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Vinegar
- 1/2 roll paper towels
- Cut a roll of Select-a-Size paper towels in half with a sharp knife or if your container is long enough just tear paper towels off roll and place in container.
- Remove the cardboard tube if you had cut in half.
- Mix together the water, Thieves cleaner and vinegar.
- Pour the mixture into the container
- Put on a secure lid and turn upside down for the towels to become drenched.